JAIN was retained to design the MEP Systems for several road tunnels and underpasses to be constructed as part of ASHGHAL’S Expressway Programme.
The project includes the following:
- A-Ring Road Tunnel (3.2 km)
- Mohamed Bin Thani Tunnel (3.3 km)
- C-Ring Road Tunnel (1.6 km)
- Ahmed Bin Ali Tunnel (800 metres)
- 9 Underpasses (65 to 180 metres)
JAIN’s scope involved the design of complete MEP Systems for the structures including ventilation, fire protection, normal and emergency power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and detection, public address, video surveillance and all required control systems. Jain was also responsible for performing quantitative risk assessment, life safety analysis, CFD modeling, acoustic analysis and coordination with local authorities